Sunday, May 22, 2011

Treehouse Paper Piecing Door Plaque... and PYM II Acrylic Spray

Honestly, my mind goes crazy with ideas that are not the norm, if you will. I was going to make a layout and then decided to make an actual 12" x 10" door plaque for a boys room. It turned out too cute... *Ü*!

I do have one question... How does one capture the true affects of our designs...? This door plaque is made with chipboard throughout (even the background). Most of the paper piecings are pop dotted (some even double layered pop dotted). I have tried to take multiple photos to capture the 3D affect and was unsuccessful each time :(.

Nonetheless, here's the adorable Treehouse Pattern Set... *Ü*.



Everything is done in chipboard with cardstock. I inked and chalked forever... *Ü*. I just had to use lots of pop dots which really gave everything oodles of depth... especially the tree, ladder, and tire swing... I just ♥ it!! I wanted the treehouse to have an old kind of feel to it. The little boy is purposely dirty (from playing outdoors all day). I know that's not really captured in the photo. The frog is too stinkin' cute with his sign... *Ü*. I added a sun from my Cricut Create a Critter Cartridge (sized at 2"). This door plaque is very thick and a little heavy... perfect for a great door display... *Ü*.

I used a wonderful Acrylic Spray called PYM II to seal in the colors and such.



I really wanted this door plaque to last. This is one of my most favorite products. I have it listed on my sidebar under "My Favorite Products". This spray is wonderful for Polymer Clay designs as well. I will be demonstrating PYM II in the near future in my upcoming videos.

Visit PYM II and watch a great video they have demonstrating the wonderful benefits of their product. I know you will want to pick some up for yourself or perhaps family and friends. Speaking of which... I had a woman the other day ask me what I would suggest getting someone that scrapbooks and has lots of goodies already. I suggested this Acrylic Spray and various glues... which you can never have enough I say... *Ü*.

I'm off to spend some relaxing time with my family before heading to bed... as I'm very pooped from a long weekend.

Have a beautiful week!!

**Lots of BIG Hugs**

8 comments:

  1. Sooooo cute!!! I love it! XOXO Momo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your door plaque, the tree house is way too cute! The froggy holding the sign with those big eyes is adorable. I will have to get me some of that spray.
    TFS!
    Cindy Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. That came out really cute. The best versions of seeing the layers I have seen at http://www.aimeeasher.com/shoppe/home.php
    Barbara Clooney, Kizzy Dizzy and Card Buddy Designs all make cards with multiple layers. They generally get close up to one part or shoot from the side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness....that is just toooo cute...you did an AWESOME job!!! You can totally see the 3D effect in the second pic....just LOVE it!!!

    hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you SO very much for all of your sweet comments... they mean the world to me... *Ü*. I just ♥ creating with Dina's patterns... they are so much fun!!!
    Have a beautiful day my sweet friends,
    **Lots of BIG Hugs**
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HAVE A COUPLE OF "HOPEFULLY NOT STUPID" QUESTIONS. FIRST, I DO ALOT OF CHALKING, BUT BY THE TIME ALL THE GLUEING IS DONE, ALL THE CHALK HAS DISAPPEARED, IS THIS SPRAY GOOD FOR THAT? SECOND, WHERE DO THE PICTURES GO ON THIS PAGE? THIS PAGE IS SOO CUTE, ESPECIALLY THE LITTLE FROGGIE! JUDYANN WALKER MWALKER810@AOL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is utterly adorable! The dimension makes it even more spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your sweet comments!!
    This is a door plaque... so there will be no pictures... *Ü* Yes, this spray is excellent in keeping the chalk protected!! I use this spray on pretty much anything I chalk amongst other things!!
    Have a beautiful night!!
    **Lots of BIG Hugs**
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to leave me your sweet comments, as they always brighten my day. *Ü*

P.S. I have set the "Comment Moderation" approval process to active in order to help maintain the spam. Another positive side of this feature is that it notifies you of every new comment received, so that you do not miss the opportunity to leave a message in return. *Ü*