Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Recycled Masterpieces

Today I wanted to share a lil' tip with you...

I ♥♥♥♥ to create new things out of my recycled boxes, containers, etc. Here are my good ol' boxes full of goodies to recycle and make "pretty".



We have used Mod Podge and patterned paper on the empty containers to use for fun storage or simply for a pretty display. Oh my goodness... there's so many different things you can do with recycled items. I just adore challenging myself with ideas... *Ü*!!

The boxes are wonderful for using with your paper piecings. Rather than going out and spending $$ on chipboard... you can layer the box pieces to create any depth you desire for your pieces. I ♥ to use the boxes for my albums too... *Ü*.

If you haven't thought of using your empty boxes (cereal, cracker, pasta, soda, etc...) or empty containers.. I challenge you to. I would ♥ to see what you make with your recyclables. The ideas are endless... and I would bet you would be surprised at just how much fun it is to turn something that you would normally recycle into a creation your sure to be proud of... *Ü*.

Have a scrap-a-licious day...

**Lots of BIG Hugs**

4 comments:

  1. You are my recycling hero. I always think about items like this but don't have a system in place and so I end up throwing a lot of them away! But I do love doing this, esp. for inexpensive (home)school supply storage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee-hee... Thank you Dianne... *Ü*! When you are a one income family that homeschools their three children... we look for savings whenever we can. Recycling these goodies really helps me to go the extra mile. I always have something at hand to get creative with too... *Ü*.
    Thank you for stopping by... I hope you will visit again real soon... *Ü*.
    Have a beautiful day!
    **Lots of BIG Hugs**
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE recycling to create new items! I am working on an ATC swap now using all recycled items :) Love your blog, especially the design! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the recycling police in my household, I usually make sure things are in the correct bin (trash or recycle) but this is an awesome tip, I wish I saw this a couple of weeks ago. I recently bought 12x12 chipboard sheets, had I seen this prior, I would have saved money. At least I know for next time! TFS!!

    -Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to leave me your sweet comments, as they always brighten my day. *Ü*

P.S. I have set the "Comment Moderation" approval process to active in order to help maintain the spam. Another positive side of this feature is that it notifies you of every new comment received, so that you do not miss the opportunity to leave a message in return. *Ü*